$237 millionTotal budget
Under ConstructionProject phase
Main Roads WALead agency
Late 2019Start date
Late 2021End date
This project sees the construction of a new bridge over the Kwinana Freeway, including the installation of free-flowing lanes on Armadale Road through to Solomon Road.
A grade-separated roundabout is also being installed at the intersection of Armadale Road and Solomon Road, and Armadale Road and Tapper Road, allowing traffic to crossover at differing heights.
Commuters can also look forward to an upgrade to the Cockburn Central Station eastern car park with 1100 bays, including ACROD and future electronic vehicle parking, motorcycle bays, bike lockers, and a kiss n’ ride drop off zone.
The project has programmed the car park works in stages to reduce inconvenience to commuters and motorists as much as possible and to ensure some car parking remains available to station patrons during construction.
You can view the May 2021 video construction update here.
Knock Place closure and Cockburn Central Station eastern car park upgrade
As part of the Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge project, a long-term closure of Knock Place and Hutt Link is required in order to progress works for the construction of the new intersection at Armadale Road and Solomon Road, and to reconfigure the existing Cockburn Central Station eastern car park.
The following detours will be in place:
- Knock Place closure Wednesday 16 September 2020 to project completion late 2021
- Hutt Link closure November 2020 to project completion late 2021
- Solomon Road traffic change September 2020 to mid-2021
- No right turn from Armadale Road
- Left turn only from Solomon Road onto Armadale Road
- Commercial precinct
- Access unchanged from Armadale Road
- November 2020 replacement road accessible from Cockburn Central station car park to commercial precinct, see purple arrows in the map above.
News and project updatesSee all news
Fact sheets15 July, 2020
Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge Project Update
Less than eight months into construction, the project has achieved a significant milestone with completion of excavation and concrete works at its central bridge pier on Kwinana Freeway. This is the first critical step in connecting Armadale Road and North Lake Road over Kwinana Freeway.