$400 millionTotal budget
Under ConstructionProject phase
Main Roads WALead agency
Tonkin Highway is part of Perth’s Principal Road Freight Network that serves key activity centres such as Perth Airport and the Kewdale Freight Terminal.
This project will upgrade a section of the Tonkin Highway from Collier Road to Dunreath Drive with associated works enabling METRONET’s Morley-Ellenbrook Line.
Works as part of this project include:
- additional traffic lanes in each direction between Collier Road and Dunreath Drive
- new bridges over the Swan River, Guildford Road, Railway Parade, the Midland Line railway and Dunstone Road
- upgrades to the Guildford Road and Great Eastern Highway interchanges
- a Principal Shared Path (PSP) with bridges, underpasses and local connections for cyclists and pedestrians
- noise walls, lighting and amenity improvements
Night works - October
As part of the preliminary works for the Tonkin Gap Project and Associated Works, Main Roads WA will be working at night and during the day along sections of Tonkin Highway.
Night works will take place from 1 October until 30 October 2020, 7pm to 5am on intermittent weeknights.
- Tonkin Highway northbound between Guildford Road and Morley Drive, right lane closed during works.
- Tonkin Highway northbound and Reid Highway interchange, right lane closed during works.
- Tonkin Highway northbound at Benara Road underpass, right lane closed during works.
Please drive safely and adhere to traffic management in place.
News and project updatesSee all news
Related projectsSee all projects
Aerial view of Tonkin Highway