$400 millionTotal budget
Under ConstructionProject phase
Main Roads WALead agency
Tonkin Highway is part of Perth’s Principal Road Freight Network that serves key activity centres such as Perth Airport and the Kewdale Freight Terminal.
This project will upgrade a section of the Tonkin Highway from Collier Road to Dunreath Drive with associated works enabling METRONET’s Morley-Ellenbrook Line.
Works as part of this project include:
- additional traffic lanes in each direction between Collier Road and Dunreath Drive
- new bridges over the Swan River, Guildford Road, Railway Parade and Dunstone Road
- upgrades to the Guildford Road and Great Eastern Highway interchanges
- a Principal Shared Path (PSP) with bridges, underpasses and local connections for cyclists and pedestrians
- noise walls, lighting and amenity improvements
Shared path detour
From Thursday, 29 April we will be required to close sections of the PSP near Broun Avenue to start vegetation clearing and construction of the bridge footings. You may see an increase in the number of cyclists and pedestrians using local roads and footpaths in the area.
Please view the detour map for more information.
Night works - Tonkin Highway, between Dunreath Drive and Hepburn Avenue
Works continue along Tonkin Highway this month, with night works occurring throughout June from 6pm to 5am between Dunreath Drive and Hepburn Avenue.
Please drive carefully and observe the signage on the road.
Visit ‘Roadworks’ at https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/projects-initiatives/projects/metropolitan/tonkin-gap/ for detour maps.
News and project updatesSee all news
Related projectsSee all projects
Aerial view of Tonkin Highway