$400 millionTotal budget
Under ConstructionProject phase
Main Roads WALead agency
Tonkin Highway is part of Perth’s Principal Road Freight Network that serves key activity centres such as Perth Airport and the Kewdale Freight Terminal.
This project will upgrade a section of the Tonkin Highway from Collier Road to Dunreath Drive with associated works enabling METRONET’s Morley-Ellenbrook Line.
Works as part of this project include:
- additional traffic lanes in each direction between Collier Road and Dunreath Drive
- new bridges over the Swan River, Guildford Road, Railway Parade, the Midland Line railway and Dunstone Road
- upgrades to the Guildford Road and Great Eastern Highway interchanges
- a Principal Shared Path (PSP) with bridges, underpasses and local connections for cyclists and pedestrians
- noise walls, lighting and amenity improvements
News and project updatesSee all news
Related projectsSee all projects
Aerial view of Tonkin Highway